Latest posts by ForwardOsmosisTech (see all)
- Hollow fiber FO membranes gaining commercial traction - March 8, 2018
- The addressable FO market ranges from $300million to $6billion in 2017 - July 19, 2017
- Inquiry: FO membrane elements for pilot unit with 2 to 3 m3/h feed flow - June 16, 2017
Sourcing of commercially available Pressure Retarded Osmosis (PRO) membranes for research purposes?
Recently, we received an inquiry from Lamar regarding the best commercial source of PRO membranes:
I am trying to find the best commercially available PRO membranes for my research. The membranes need to hold up to approx 400 psi pressure and have as high of a flux and rejection rate as possible. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
Unfortunately, Lamar, PRO membranes are not commercially available today. Two alternative means of securing your research foundation come to mind:
- Buy regular FO membranes instead. Although the PRO performance of regular FO membranes may be limited, you should still be able to get meaningful data from the experiments.
- Contact various university groups working on PRO membranes and request for samples. You should be prepared to share your research results with the group(s) you get samples from. To our knowledge there are several research groups working on PRO membranes in Singapore, Japan, and South Korea.
In any case, it would be interesting for us to know what kind of PRO membrane sample size and form factor you will be needing for your research.