- SideStroem Water Technologies and the Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT) collaborate to develop nanofiltration-type forward osmosis (NF-FO) membranes - September 14, 2022
- SideStroem Water Technologies uses novel FO membrane technologiesto reinvent resource recovery and enable productivity gains - July 13, 2022
- Forward Water Technologies raises capital to accelerate commercial activities – interview with CEO Howie Honeyman - July 31, 2021
Sourcing of commercially available Pressure Retarded Osmosis (PRO) membranes for research purposes?
Recently, we received an inquiry from Lamar regarding the best commercial source of PRO membranes:
I am trying to find the best commercially available PRO membranes for my research. The membranes need to hold up to approx 400 psi pressure and have as high of a flux and rejection rate as possible. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
Unfortunately, Lamar, PRO membranes are not commercially available today. Two alternative means of securing your research foundation come to mind:
- Buy regular FO membranes instead. Although the PRO performance of regular FO membranes may be limited, you should still be able to get meaningful data from the experiments.
- Contact various university groups working on PRO membranes and request for samples. You should be prepared to share your research results with the group(s) you get samples from. To our knowledge there are several research groups working on PRO membranes in Singapore, Japan, and South Korea.
In any case, it would be interesting for us to know what kind of PRO membrane sample size and form factor you will be needing for your research.