- SideStroem joins world class accelerator program - November 12, 2022
- SideStroem Water Technologies and the Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT) collaborate to develop nanofiltration-type forward osmosis (NF-FO) membranes - September 14, 2022
- SideStroem Water Technologies uses novel FO membrane technologiesto reinvent resource recovery and enable productivity gains - July 13, 2022
Hollow fibre modules made from hollow fibre forward osmosis membranes
Hollow fibre module summary
|Packing density||up to 1600 m2/m3|
|Advantage||ideally suitable for high volume applications due to high packing density and resulting small module footprint|
|Disadvantage||prone to fouling / membrane clogging at low concentrations of fouling agents|
Hollow fibre modules are basically tubular modules with very high packing densities (see the table below), and are used extensively for large-volume water treatment applications, such as desalination of seawater via reverse osmosis processes, where a small module footprint is essential for the economical viability of the given membrane installation. Hollow fibre membranes are prone to fouling and clogging due to their small internal diameters. This is also the case for forward osmosis hollow fibre membranes and therefore usage for industrial water treatment is limited to applications where waste water streams contain low concentrations of fouling agents. Such applications include:
- Downstream waste water processing steps
|Hollow fibre length||1m|
|Hollow fibre wall thickness||0,2mm|
|Hollow fibre inner diameter||1mm|
|Hollow fibre inner area||0,0031m2|
|Inner diameter of module||90mm|
|Number of hollow fibres in module||3227***|
|Internal volume of module||0,0064m3|
|Active area per module||10m2|
*** See engineeringtoolbox.com for an online calculation tool of how many small circles fit into a large circle
Please follow the links below for more information on forward osmosis module design possibilities:
- Plate and frame forward osmosis membrane modules
- Spiral wound forward osmosis membrane modules
- Tubular forward osmosis membrane modules
3 thoughts on “Hollow fiber forward osmosis membrane modules”
Excuse me, I would like to know this price of Hollow fibre modules for FO process. I need it for my project calculation in order to find economic analysis. Thank you.
I am representing Aquaporin, where we have developed Hollow Fibers for FO. For more information please visit our homepage at aquaporin.com or you can contact me directly at email@example.com. I will be happy to help you with HFFO for your project.
All the best
Hello, I am looking for a Hollow Fiber Modules for use as an alternative to 0726710U PUR MDL PSH-330-8 PVDF WS.
*Shipping Address: SUITE 204, 17 Ramsey Road, Shirley, NY 11967, USA
Please contact me by email. I look forward to hearing from you.